A VICIOUS three-year-dispute over faulty jewellery ended in tragedy after a man was killed in front of his wife and one-year-old son.
Angel Luis Rueda, 26, died after receiving a knife wound to the chest in the Zaidín area of Granada. Eye witnesses claim they saw Angel fall to the ground following an argument with the owner of a jewellery shop and his son on the afternoon of December 5.
Relatives of the dead man claim the dispute was over a broken fastener on a pair of gold “ear-rings” Angel had bought at the jewellery shop on Calle Navarra in 2003. The jeweller allegedly refused to repair the default.
A 44-year-old man and his 25-year-old son have been arrested in connection with the death.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00