- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Kylie ‘Spaining Around’
June 12, 2009 at
8:27 pm • LAST EDITED:
June 27, 2009 at
National News • 4 Comments
POP princess Kylie Minogue has given the biggest hint yet that she could soon be marrying her Spanish boyfriend and moving to Spain.
Already house-hunting in Catalonia, she has now revealed that her model lover Andres Velencoso may have already proposed to her.
The speculation came after the Aussie-born pop star was presented with a rose by Velencoso´s parents during her visit to the Costa Brava for St Jordi’s Day – the Catalonian equivalent of St Valentine’s Day.
This tradition is normally reserved for engaged couples, stirring up rumours the couple could be on the verge of tying the knot.
“It was a wonderfully sweet thing to do. It’s a nice tradition and, yes, perhaps it meant more than just Jordi’s Day,” said Kylie.
Kylie and Velencoso are also close to buying a beachside villa on the Costa Brava.
They have been looking at properties in the medieval village of Tossa De Mar, where Velencoso grew up.
“I feel relaxed, happy, excited and just totally content with my life,” said Minogue during her most recent trip to Spain.
“I’m just doing things I never would give myself time to do. I’m finding my balance and I’m giving myself space just to be me.”
The former Neigbours star wore big sunglasses and a headscarf to stop her from being recognised when on her first visit, but has since ditched such disguises as locals do not recognise her anyway.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
A local police officer accused of killing a woman has been found dead in his prison cell…