HE has been missing for exactly 15 years.
But Patrick Moore may now be living in the Algorrobo Costa area, not far from Nerja, where he went missing in June 1994.
The Olive Press appealed for any leads to his whereabouts in our last issue.
And now his son Steve Moore has had a lead that he may be living in the small Axarquia town.
According to a message on the Nerja Now forum a man answering Pat Moore’s description may have been living under a different name until earlier this year.
The mystery man, called ‘Michael’ – Patrick Moore’s middle name – was apparently evasive about his past.
Said to be suffering frommental illness he did however mention that he had previously lived in Nerja.
Steve Moore, 43, revealed, “The information is worth following up.
“This man was apparently mentally ill, which could explain where my dad has been for the last few years.
“The mystery man, called ‘Michael’ – Patrick Moore’s middle name – was apparently evasive about his past.”
“There was always the possibility that he could have suffered some sort of breakdown.”
He believes he may have returned to the UK at some point last year, however.
“I’m asking locals to visit my website to see if they recognise this man.”
Visit www.whereispatmoore.com for more info.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00