FORMER England ace Paul Gascoigne has enjoyed a whistle-stop holiday in the Costa del Sol.
The Geordie midfielder spent less than 24 hours in Malaga after realising he had unwittingly snubbed a charity fundraiser for blind baby, Faith Dodds, in Newcastle.
The ex-footballer – famous for his World Cup tears – showed his sensitive side once again and turned his back on the glitzy town’s sun, sea and sand.
He hastily arrived back in his native city, bearing 500 pounds in cash and a specially chosen braille card to surprise seven-month-old Faith’s family.
“I was just amazed. He had gone to loads of effort, it is not easy to find braille cards. And then he gave us all this cash to go towards Faith’s treatment.”
“I was just amazed. He had gone to loads of effort, it is not easy to find braille cards. And then he gave us all this cash to go towards Faith’s treatment,” said her father, Michael.
Gascoigne originally flew to Malaga citing the fact that he needed a “break as he was having a bad time”.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00