ANDY Murray romped to victory in Spain as he secured his sixth title of the year at the Valencia Open.
The Scotsman returned with a bang after six weeks sidelined by a wrist injury by trouncing Russian Mikhail Youzhny 6-3 6-2 in the final.
It only took Murray 68 minutes to net his 14th career title and announce his return to form ahead of the end-of-season showcase tournament at the ATP Masters in London.
World number four Murray, 22, said: “It’s rare someone wins a tournament after a long break.
“I’m just happy I came back from the injury well.”
Meanwhile, Ross Fisher became the second British golfer in a month to hit the jackpot in Spain.
Fisher, 28, entered the world’s top 16 after becoming the fourth Briton to win the Volvo World Match Play Championship and claim the 750,000 euro prize fund.
He produced one of the finest performances of his career to win 4 and 3 in the 36-hole final at the Finca Cortesin Golf Club in Casares
The Lamborghini-driving golfer, from Surrey, followed in the footsteps of English golfers Nick Faldo, Lee Westwood and Paul Casey by securing victory.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00