AFTER 12 years of marriage, the Duke and Duchess of Lugo are the first couple in the Spanish Royal family to have divorced.
Infanta Elena, the eldest daughter of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, and Jaime de Marichalar had been temporarily separated for two years and signed their divorce papers this week.
The couple have two children, 11-year-old Felipe Froilan and Victoria, 9. The children will live with their mother, with their father having full access rights.
A statement released by their lawyers said the divorce papers were signed by mutual agreement.
It also stated that Infanta Elena’s family still feel affection and regard for Don Jaime.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00