Starting differently for once, I’m going to ask a question, this question: Where in the world have you heard of people working out on the beach, let alone seen?
Now I don’t mean you see people doing press-ups or anything like that, but actually having a work out on proper gym equipment on the beach, well the answer to this question is La Herradura playa.
Opposite the schools, and near the chiringuito restaurante, gym equipment has been placed on the beach of the seaside town of La Herradura.
The placement of the equipment could not have been a more ideal setting, for it is surrounded by palm trees in a nice warm spot, while offering a beautiful view of the bay, where a brilliant sun set can be greatly appreciated.
The equipment, which consist of a rowing machine, a running machine and a few others, which all go to helping with your chest, abdomen, legs, arms and waist.
The equipment is open to the public, offering everyone a decent workout at no cost, and hardly a day has gone by since the last few weeks it’s been there that you have not seen someone working out.
The idea of a workout on the beach, in my opinion is a fantastic idea, especially since it is open to the public, because it now gives everyone the chance to build on the required muscles, or if you’re carrying a little extra weight, you’re given the chance to burn it off and feel good about yourself.
Even if you do it for five minutes a day, that’s five minutes where your body is getting some attention in a good way, and as well as building muscles.
It can help build confidence and it is something we can all enjoy, because no other “gym” in the world offers you what this one does, a beautiful view, fun, and most importantly confidence.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00