HOLLYWOOD hardman Dolph Lundgren has been named as Marbella ambassador.
The Rocky star, 52, was chosen by the town hall to promote the image of the popular resort.
“It is an authentic privilege to have neighbours as distinguished as Dolph, who could chose any place to live and has decided to be with us,” said Marbella mayor Angeles Munoz.
“He will promote the town and its image worldwide.”
The Swedish actor – who lives in the town with his wife and two children – described the town as “a very special place for my family”.
As well as cult movie Masters of the Universe, Lundgren is well known for his role playing mammoth Russian boxer Ivan Drago in Rocky IV.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00