IT is official: Spain’s first retirement complex aimed at gays and lesbians will get under way this March in Torremolinos.
In a landmark move, construction company Grupo Imnova announced that the pioneering homes will be the first in the country designed for the LGTB community (lesbians, gays, transsexuals and bisexuals).
Called the Arco Iris complex, the development will entail a four-storey complex, containing 27 apartments and a social centre.
“What can’t happen is that someone complains when they see a couple walking hand in hand in the corridors or exchanging a kiss.”
A spokesman for Grupo Imnova confirmed however that heterosexuals are also welcome to purchase an apartment.
Íñigo Armengod explained: “We will not be asking anyone about their sexual orientation.
“But what can’t happen is that someone complains when they see a couple walking hand in hand in the corridors or exchanging a kiss.”
*Meanwhile, Spain has apologised to homosexual Antoni Ruiz, 50, for jailing him as a punishment for his sexual orientation in 1976. After Franco banned homosexuality, 5000 Spaniards were jailed.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00