A FURIOUS Spanish politician has rejected an apology after the FBI used his “hair and forehead” to create a present-day image of Osama Bin Laden.
Former Izquierda Unida leader, Gaspar Llamazares was enraged after the agency’s “cutting edge” technology merely involved using a photo of him found on Google.
“I want a thorough investigation into this disgraceful case.”
And he has now refused the US ambassador’s attempt to defuse the tense political situation.
“Apologies are not enough,” blasted Llamazares.
“I want a thorough investigation into this disgraceful case, which not only causes concern but also worry and indignation over the behaviour of the FBI.”
“If this is how security against terrorism is guaranteed, whose hands are we in?”
Llamazares added that he was concerned what the repercussions would have been if the face of a general member of public had been used instead.
“Most likely an unknown citizen on stepping into an airport would have received a good fright, if not something worse.”
The FBI previously revealed that a technician inexplicably used a photo of Llamazares found on Google to help produce the Bin Laden mug shot.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00