THE average wait time for surgery in Andalucia’s hospitals stands at 57 days, six days below the national average.
Furthermore, patients wait an average of 48 days for a first visit with a specialist, a healthy four days below Spain’s standard, according to the regional health service.
Despite surgical waiting lists in Malaga province clocking in at some of the longest in Andalucia with 62 days lags, they also undercut the national average.
Furthermore, the Ministry of Health revealed that the typical nationwide wait has fallen by eight days over 12 months and is now 63 days.
An NHS survey last year documented that the average wait for patients in the UK is 8.6 weeks, approximately 60 days.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00