NEW Miss World Kaiane Aldorino, 23, has told the Olive Press how she loves coming home to Gibraltar.
The hospital administrator, who won the title in December, said: “I love coming back to live a normal life again.”
The down-to-earth girl continued: “It is totally unique, a really special place.
“There is nothing like the amazing views from the top, to Africa and into Spain.
“I also love the beaches, the lighthouse and the people are so friendly.”
Aldorino beat favourite Miss Puerto Rico after triumphing in the swimsuit competition.
The bilingual beauty is about to set off on another trip to Korea, having just got back from Japan and Brunei.
She is still amazed at the 15,000 people who turned up to her victory parade. “There were more people than even National Day,” she said.
Aldorino, whose boyfriend works on a cruise ship, was described by Chief Minister Peter Caruana as a “very special lady, who has put Gibraltar on the map!”
Denis MacShane MP, the former Europe Minister, described her win as “a victory for a Spanish-speaking European woman who live on the Mediterranean under the British flag,”.
He added: “I just hope she doesn’t meet Tiger Woods.”
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00