THE Vatican has announced that the Pope will make a two-day trip to Spain this November.
Spokesman Rev. Federico Lombardi revealed that Pope Benedict XVI will visit the pilgrimage town of Santiago de Compostela on November 6.
The Pope, who turns 83 next month, will then travel to Barcelona to inaugurate Gaudi’s famous Sagrada Familia cathedral.
A section of the landmark’s interior is scheduled to open to the public in September.
It comes just one month after Spain passed a law allowing abortions on demand up to the 14th week of pregnancy.
The change was met with fierce opposition from the Roman Catholic Church.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00