JOSE Mourinho has been installed as the bookmakers’ favourite to replace under-fire Real Madrid boss Manuel Pellegrini.
The self-proclaimed ‘Special One’ is believed to be top of the Galaticos’ wanted list after they crashed out of the Champions League to Lyon.
It was the sixth season in succession that the Spanish giants have lost in the last 16 of Europe’s most prestigious club competition.
“The defeat to Lyon means Pellegrini will probably lose his job at the end of the season and Mourinho is the early favourite.”
And the charismatic Portuguese boss is now the 9-4 favourite to replace the much-criticised Chilean at the end of the season.
Mourinho has enjoyed huge success as a manager in Portugal, England and, most recently, Italy after winning last season’s league with Inter Milan.
William Hill spokesman Tony Kenny said: “The defeat to Lyon means Pellegrini will probably lose his job at the end of the season and Mourinho is the early favourite.”
Meanwhile, Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez and Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger are joint second favourites at 5-1.
The current England International and former Real Madrid coach Fabio Capello is available at 8-1.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00