A BRITISH Euro MP is advising his constituents not to buy in Spain.
Roger Helmer launched an attack on the prospective demolition of properties in Spain.
The Conservative criticised Spain for not respecting property rights.
“I am recommending that my constituents don’t buy in Spain,” he said.
Meanwhile Labour MEP Michael Cashman said Spain is suffering from significant amounts of corruption and branded it a “totalitarian country”.
He made the comments after numerous complaints by expatriates about their treatment in Spain.
Despite many investing their life savings in property and buying in good faith, their homes are said to breach Spanish laws and may be pulled down.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00