A JEREZ football team has signed six British players, earning the nickname Los Ingleses.
All the players are a product of Glenn Hoddle’s Football Academy based in nearby Montecastillo.
The football school intends to kick-start the careers of young hopefuls who were rejected by other clubs.
Former England boss Hoddle said: “These lads have all worked very hard to achieve their goals.
“We’ve given them the opportunity and now it’s down to them to take it.”
Jerez Industrial plays in front an 8,000-strong crowd in the Spanish third division.
Former Manchester United striker Chris Fagan, 20, is on loan at Industrial from Lincoln City.
He said: “I learned a lot from Sir Alex Ferguson, but I’ve also made a lot of progress to my game with Glenn Hoddle. We’ve got a good team.”
Nick Beasant, son of retired goalkeeper Dave Beasant, also plays in the team.
Playing alongside the Britons are 14 Spaniards, two Irishmen and one Senegalese.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00