WITH his three children Alberto, Antonio and Miguel and wife Miriam Gonzalez, Nick Clegg might be better suited leading the Spanish parliament.
But, the Olive Press believes that the Liberal Democrat leader would also be the best politician to help British expatriates living in southern Spain.
Aside from his links to Spain – he is fluent in the language – he also has strong environmental policies.
In the closest General Election race for decades, Clegg has consistently demonstrated that he is the best candidate to lead Britain and aid the one-million expatriates living in Spain.
This Thursday the British public could radically change the course of history, by voting in the Lib Dems for the first time since 1916.
Clegg’s party has stormed from an average of 20 per cent support a year ago to around 30 per cent this week.
Initially written off as merely ‘the bridesmaid’ of the election race, Clegg has won rave reviews in a trio of live debates.
He understands not only the failings of the European Union – but also, most crucially, its inherent importance for our future prosperity.
As well as being honest about the issue of immigration, he wants to see a fairer tax system and higher taxes on the banks.
But most importantly, he has called for the most in-depth, thorough and relevant green legislation of any of the competing parties.
Advocating investment in a high-speed rail network, similar to Spain’s hailed system, Clegg has called for an end to airport expansion in the south east of England.
His green manifesto has been hailed by environmentalists Greenpeace as containing the best course of action.
And with Spain now found to be heating up twice as quickly as the rest of Europe, Clegg’s strategy may just help out his counterparts down in the south of Spain.
We certainly hope El Clegg nicks it.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00