THE prosecutor has called for a three and a half year prison sentence for the Spanish diva Pantoja on charges of money laundering.
The star is accused of obtaining large sums of money during her relationship with the former Mayor of Marbella, Julián Muñoz.
Pantoja is also being charged with a 3.7m euro fine for her part in helping Muñoz to launder money he received in bribes throughout his term as Mayor.
Muñoz is currently facing seven and a half years in prison in the Malaya corruption case, while his ex-wife Maite Zaldívar is charged with three and a half years.
The Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s report analysed the economic movements of the trio, concluding that both women concealed illegally-acquired money and property.
It states that Pantoja laundered up to 1.8m euros by purchasing property.
The prosecutor noted that in 2002, before her relationship Muñoz, the singer paid in less than 5,000 € in cash to the bank, but between 2003 and 2006 that amount was 100 times higher.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00