- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Disgraced Manilva mayor received 760,000 euros of ‘grateful donations’
THE former mayor of Manilva told a court that 762,000 euros found at his home were “anonymous donations” to his political party.
Pedro Tirado insisted that he kept the donations, given to him by “grateful” members of the local community, in a Calvin Klein toilet bag and not in bin liners as has been reported.
He is accused of reclassifying land belonging to Royal Marbella Estates in exchange for three million euros.
When asked why he kept the donations at home, Tirado responded: “It’s rude to open an envelope in front of someone.”
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others