THE husband of a British woman who confessed to killing her two children in Spain has been identified as a ‘Most Wanted’ sex offender.
Martin Anthony Smith, from Tyneside – recently arrested in Barcelona – is the father of Daniel, one.
Also murdered was six-year-old Rebecca, fathered by another man who has now flown out to the Costa Brava to identify her body.
Yesterday, Smith’s partner Lianne, 43, reportedly confessed to local police that she smothered the children in a hotel room. She also allegedly left a note admitting to the crimes.
The trio were staying at the four-star Hotel Miramar on the coastal town of Lloret de Mar.
After killing Rebecca and Daniel, it has been reported that Lianne calmly told the hotel’s reception to call an ambulance and the police.
When asked why, Lianne allegedly replied: “You will soon find out why.”
Meanwhile, Martin Smith – extradited from Barcelona – is facing 13 charges of child sex offences.
Smith, who claims to have psychic powers and once appeared on TV’s Most Haunted, has been remanded in custody at Carlisle magistrates court.
The 45-year-old was placed on Crimestoppers’ Operation Captura last September after failing to answer bail two years ago.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00