YACHT owners have been setting sail for Gibraltar to reap the bounty of cheaper docking costs, fuel and taxes.
The prestigious Ocean Village marina has seen yacht numbers soar recently as seafarers seek to take advantage of discounted rates.
Tax-free marine fuel slices 40 per cent off refuelling costs compared to Spain, and VAT also does not apply when registering vessels on the Rock.
What’s more, daily rates for Ocean Villages’ new berths start from 17 euros for a 15-metre slot, rising to 525 euros for yachts above 75 metres in the low season.
“For the high level of service we offer, Gibraltar’s marinas are extremely competitively priced,” says Brian Stevendale, Sales and Marketing Director for Ocean Village marina.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00