AN English builder shot dead in a drive-by shooting in Spain was wanted in the UK for attempted murder.
Dan Smith, who was shot four times at The Lounge Bar, in Riviera del Sol, Mijas, on Saturday, is wanted for blasting businessman Doug Turner at point blank range.
Smith, 26, fled the UK for Spain after shooting the millionaire at his farmhouse in Stock, Essex in 2007.
There was a European Arrest Warrant out for him, while two of his accomplices were jailed for nine months in 2008 for driving him to the house.
But Smith was allegedly shot by a friend as he drank outside the Lounge Bar.
The attacker shot him from a motorbike at 10pm on Saturday night.
He fired six shots at Smith who was drinking on the terrace. Two of them missed him and entered the bar, one getting lodged in a table.
An ambulance was on the scene within minutes, but he was declared dead before 11pm.
According to an Olive Press source, the builder had been shot just minutes after getting into an argument.
It is the sixth murder on the Costa del Sol this year so far, with 22-year-old British man being stabbed on April 22 in Benalmadena.
This latest Costa del Sol killing comes just over a week after the so-called Irish Mafia, led by Christopher Kinahan, was broken up.
His organisation was allegedly involved in drug and firearms trafficking and money laundering.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00