JUST when you thought the Thunderbirds were a distant childhood memory, The Yellow Submarine rolls into town!
For five days only, Thunderbird 4 will be coming to Spain in a wacky car rally in aid of children’s charity Clic Sargent.
The vehicle (pictured right) was created by three Thunderbird fans from Manchester, who converted a 300 euro Fiat Marea into the aptly named Thunderbanger.
Friends Keith Huntington, Mike McCartan and Shaun Bridgeman took 12 weeks to build the replica out of scrap pipes, tubing and plastic panels from building sites.
Huntington, 44, said: “’It took us quite a few weekends but it was worth it to see the look on people’s faces when we have taken it on test runs.”
The Yellow Submarine will join more than 100 modified cars on the 2,500 mile trip to Barcelona and the trio hope to raise 5000 euros for charity.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00