HE is usually known as New York’s most favourite son.
But now, US actor Woody Allen has taken to promoting somewhere completely different.
The 74-year-old funnyman appeared in a video to promote Asturias this week.
He filmed the new marketing video, which is to be used globally to encourage more tourists to the northern Spanish region.
Since first visiting the capital of Oviedo in 2002, he has been over five times for holidays.
He has already praised the local gastronomy and noted that culture plays a large part in the lives of local people.
He once told people to visit Asturias to “avoid the ugly in the world”.
And to show his love of the region he was presenting his new film ‘You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger’ in Aviles this week.
The film opens across the country on Friday and stars Antonio Banderas.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00