MARBELLA’S disgraced DJ Maurice Boland has admitted to an affair with a 16-year-old girl.
The DJ revealed to an Irish newspaper that he had set out to help the teenager forge a musical career but their relationship had evolved and he had made a “terrible mistake.”
Following the Olive Press exclusive last week, Boland told the Irish Sunday Independent that his wife of 40 years was standing by him.
Speaking for the first time about his affair, the so called Mr Marbella said: “I made a very bad misjudgement, which is terrible and hurt a lot of people, including my own wife and her family and my children.
“And all I can say to those people who are hurt – I am sincerely sorry.”
Boland also confirmed that he and his wife and family would get through it together.
He explained: “It’s been a very rocky time for us. My family has rallied around me and obviously they are not happy with the situation, but we love each other very much.
“We’re a very close family. I shouldn’t have got involved with anyone.
“My wife is coping. We have a lot of years behind us and I pray we’ll have many years ahead of us. I’m very upset — not for me as much as I am upset for my wife and our children and her family as well. I don’t give two craps about me, who cares? But I do care about my wife, I do care about my children, I do care about her and her family.”
When asked about the young girl, he explained: “It was a very short involvement and it was never planned. Some of these things just happen.
“The reason that anyone is showing any interest is because of the girl’s age, but I’ve done nothing illegal.
“She’s 100 per cent over 16. Not that I feel any better. I’m feeling awful about everything. I didn’t set out to have a relationship with anyone, or to have it with someone so young. It was just a misjudgement on my behalf.
On the subject of his sacking from TRE, he said: “Radio was my whole life. It’s just awful. I don’t know if it’s the end. It’s too early to make any decisions yet.
“I think it’s very important that people understand that there’s been a lot of hurt involved in this whole thing and they should make up their mind to leave the families alone. All I can say is that I’m very upset that this happened, very upset and very sorry. It’s been the lowest moment in my life ever,” he added.
Boland also revealed he will be “withdrawing from public life” for the foreseeable future and his Wow Factor competition has been cancelled.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00