SPANISH heart-throb Antonio Banderas will be happy to hear the Marbella Town Hall has decided to rescue his garden.
The mask of Zorro star and his Hollywood wife Melanie Griffith were last year ordered to hand over a strip of garden to allow public access to the beach as part of a crackdown on ‘illegal’ properties.
But now an amendment to the five month old PGOU urban plan is being made specifically for the famous couple to save them handing over part of their beachfront home, ‘La Gaviota’, at Los Monteros.
The modification means that now a smaller green zone will be created and Banderas and Griffith will get to keep their sea view.
The pair will still be forced to give up part of their land but the section of garden has been changed to benefit all parties.
Town Planning Councillor, Pablo Moro, said: “It’s about changing the picture of the green zone, taking less soil from the front and more from the channel and the river mouth.”
And he added the town would also benefit, as the green zone and the public walkway could be established more quickly.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00