IN recognition of Remembrance Day the Nerja Players will be presenting “Poetry of War – Homage to Remembrance”.
The production by Peter Burch combines poetry, music, images, songs and sketches, providing a poignant tribute to those who fought in the two world wars.
Highlights include poems by Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, dramatized excerpts from “All Quiet on the Western Front”, and “Oh What a Lovely War!”, and contemporary pieces from Roger McGough and Alan Bennett.
All profits from the performance will be donated to the Royal British Legion.
The event will take place in the Casa Cultural Villa de Nerja, Calle Granada on November 11.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00