ROTTWEILER guard dogs have killed a man and seriously injured his son after escaping from their enclosure.
A 55-year-old farmer has been mauled to death by two vicious dogs guarding a neighbouring dairy in the Cordoba province.
His 29-year-old son managed to escape after the initial attack and is in serious condition in hospital.
A middle-aged owner of the dogs has been arrested.
The beasts appear to have escaped from the dairy in Carcabuey and wandered into a neighbouring farm.
The farmers were attacked after they tried to shoo the dogs off their land.
The dogs’ paperwork appears to have been in order and they were not feral as was originally thought.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00