A TOTAL of 225 illegal homes built in Marbella under the GIL party have been legalised.
And Marbella Town Hall expects a further 1000 homes to be regularized before the end of the year under the new General Urban Development Plan (PGOU).
The announcement, made yesterday, revealed the first urbanisations concerned are Santa María Green Hills, in Las Chapas, and El Palmeral in Nueva Andalucía.
And in return for their new legal status the promoters of the developments must pay 1.3 million euros in compensation.
In the first case, the developer, Vista Golf Marbella SL, must pay more than half a million euros and carry out improvements to the road which runs in front of the urbanisation.
And the developer of El Palmeral, Vasand Investment, must cede 3,000 square meters of land to be used for social housing and another area of over 3,500 square meters to be transformed into a park, in addition to monetary compensation.
According to the Town Planning Officer, Pablo Moro (PP), this is “a key milestone in the standardization process.”
He added: “It opens a long-awaited new scenario that will benefit both those who bought in good faith and the general public.”
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00