THE four-star Caleta Hotel has been voted Gibraltar’s Leading Hotel for the second year running.
Beating off tough competition the Caleta took home the coveted prize at the World Travel Awards Europe Ceremony in Antalya, Turkey.
General Manager Franco Ostuni said: “It is always good to receive accolades, but especially when they come from fellow industry professionals. I am really proud of my staff.”
The winners were selected by thousands of industry professionals worldwide via an online vote.
And according to Graham E. Cooke, Founder and President of the World Travel Awards which were established 17 years ago , they are regularly referred to as the ‘Oscars’ of travel and tourism.
He added: “The winners represent the cream of the industry, and those players that are leading the continent’s recovery.”
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00