A BRITISH paedophile, arrested in Benalmádena earlier this year and extradited to the UK, has been sentenced to six years in prison.
Glen Tranter pleaded guilty to four counts of indecent assault and another four of sexual activity with a child, at his trial at Preston Crown Court.
The 41-year-old was arrested in April this year after customers in a Benalmadena bar recognised him from the Crimewatch programme.
He had been arrested in the UK in June last year and released on police bail, but failed to keep the return date becoming one of Britain’s most wanted paedophiles.
It is believed he had been living in Arroyo de la Miel where he made a living doing airport runs.
The offences were committed in England against three girls under sixteen, with two as young as eleven or twelve at the time.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00