By Anatoly Kurmanaev
MIJAS Costa in a state of alarm after a second child kidnap attempt.
A Torremolinos mother appealed for vigilance after her daughter was accosted by a man on coming out of the municipal swimming pool.
The man invited the child to get into his car but the kidnap attempt failed for undisclosed reasons.
A strikingly similar accident occurred earlier in December nearby in Benalmadena.
A man in his 20s asked an 11-year-old girl to get into his red BMW where his two accomplices were waiting.
But, by incredible fortune, an elderly British man, who heard the girl’s screams came to her rescue.
He pushed the assailant away and threatening to call the police.
The girl’s father is now trying to locate the British hero to “thank him for what he did for my daughter and for me.”
The police are not currently treating the two incidents as related.
Do you know the British man, or did you see one of the incidents? Email the Olive Press at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00