Tottenham’s Gareth Bale was the only Brit to have made it into La Marca’s annual dream team selection.
The Cardiff-born left-back impressed the Spanish sports lovers with his hat-trick against Inter Milan in the Champions League.
Over 125,000 voters participated in the survey carried out by the Spanish sports paper.
Along with Milan’s Maicon, 21-year-old Bale was one of only two footballers who play outside of La Liga to have made it into the dream team.
Bale insists he is happy in north London and Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is unlikely to accept any bids for him.
But Real Madrid and Barcelona will be eagerly tracking the Wales International star.
La Marca’s Team of the Year (4-3-3): Casillas (Real Madrid); Maicon (Inter Milan); Pique (Barcelona); Puyol (Barcelona); Bale (Spurs); Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid); Xavi (Barcelona); Iniesta (Barcelona); Ronaldo (Real Madrid); Villa (Barcelona); Messi (Barcelona).
- Brit arrested at Malaga airport with nine cocaine packages - 11 Jan, 2011 @ 09:52
- Spanish mayor calls it quits - 10 Jan, 2011 @ 18:40
- Dropping the donkeys in Spain - 10 Jan, 2011 @ 18:20
- ETA calls truce - 10 Jan, 2011 @ 12:44
- Prehistoric cannibal victims found in Spain - 8 Jan, 2011 @ 10:00
- Doctors who sent a Spanish toddler home four times before her death are sued by mother - 7 Jan, 2011 @ 14:23
- Pensioners found dead on deserted Spanish estates - 7 Jan, 2011 @ 12:32
- Spain’s Hindu guru charged with sexual abuse - 6 Jan, 2011 @ 13:28
- Hope still alive to find Amy Fitzpatrick - 6 Jan, 2011 @ 10:49
- Three Kings take to the Sierra Nevada pistas - 6 Jan, 2011 @ 09:44