A BRITISH brother and sister are trying to piece together the last years of their dad’s life in Spain.
Catherine Lagden, 41, and Julian Moorcroft, 39, from Merseyside, only discovered their estranged father had died after reading his obituary in their local newspaper.
Now they are on a quest to discover what he did in the years leading up to his death.
David Ronald Moorcroft moved to San Pedro six years ago, where he worked in the furnishing business and an estate agency.
But he died of a heart attack whilst jogging on October 10, aged 63, and was cremated at Maria Read’s funeral parlour on October 18.
His ex-wife Sandra Nixon said: “It is so sad because his two children live in the UK and they missed his funeral and the latter years of his life and so wish to fill in the missing gaps.
“Catherine had wanted him to know he had three lovely grandchildren and really wanted to seek him out but tragically we read about his shocking death in our local paper.”
According to Nixon, the pair were married very young in the late 1960s and quickly found themselves with two children and a lot of responsibility.
Gradually they drifted apart and although Moorcroft met his children as teenagers a bond was not forged and they lost track of him soon after he went to Spain.
Nixon said: “Catherine and Julian would just really like any memories or anecdotes to throw light on this very sad situation, and we are hoping someone out there knows something helpful.”
Pls email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help
- Brit arrested at Malaga airport with nine cocaine packages - 11 Jan, 2011 @ 09:52
- Spanish mayor calls it quits - 10 Jan, 2011 @ 18:40
- Dropping the donkeys in Spain - 10 Jan, 2011 @ 18:20
- ETA calls truce - 10 Jan, 2011 @ 12:44
- Prehistoric cannibal victims found in Spain - 8 Jan, 2011 @ 10:00
- Doctors who sent a Spanish toddler home four times before her death are sued by mother - 7 Jan, 2011 @ 14:23
- Pensioners found dead on deserted Spanish estates - 7 Jan, 2011 @ 12:32
- Spain’s Hindu guru charged with sexual abuse - 6 Jan, 2011 @ 13:28
- Hope still alive to find Amy Fitzpatrick - 6 Jan, 2011 @ 10:49
- Three Kings take to the Sierra Nevada pistas - 6 Jan, 2011 @ 09:44