SPAIN’S hottest couple are now the proud parents of a baby boy.
Actress Penelope Cruz, 36, gave birth to her first son last weekend in the exclusive Cedars-Sinai Medical Cente in Los Angeles.
And new dad Javier Bardem, 41, – who was nominated this week for a second Oscar for his role in Biutiful – was present at the birth.
The pair, who have known each other for 20 years and married in the Bahamas last summer, chose for their first child to be born in LA so he could have dual nationality.
But Cruz’s family flew in from Spain to be near at hand.
In keeping with the normal discretion of the famous couple the name of the baby has not been revealed although there is speculation he will take the surname Encinas, after his paternal grandfather, and not be called Bardem.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46