A BRITISH expat has been shot down on the Costa del Sol.
Peter Christley, 58, was blasted four times on his own door-step in Benalmadena by a gang.
He is said to be in a serious but stable condition in hospital after being shot twice in the intestines.
Police believe Mr Christley was the victim of a bungled gangland hit: “The victim has no convictions in Spain but we are looking into the possibility this was a revenge attack linked to organised crime.
“However it is possible this man was the victim of mistaken identity and has no links to organised crime.”
Neighbours found him on the floor sitting in a pool of blood before they took him to hospital in Malaga.
- Expat female chef chases off machete-wielding robbers - 18 Mar, 2011 @ 06:00
- People who study are healthier - 18 Mar, 2011 @ 05:30
- Poet Carlos Pranger: The new Brenan - 18 Mar, 2011 @ 05:00
- Spanish women are having fewer children - 17 Mar, 2011 @ 07:15
- Pill bargaining - 17 Mar, 2011 @ 07:00
- Carmen Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum set to open in Malaga - 16 Mar, 2011 @ 08:00
- Spain complains about Gibraltar landfill plans - 16 Mar, 2011 @ 08:00
- Operation nuclear clean-up - 15 Mar, 2011 @ 08:30
- Sevilla royal visit for Prince Charles and Camilla - 14 Mar, 2011 @ 10:56
- Ruffled feathers in Ronda - 14 Mar, 2011 @ 08:45