JUST where does the time go? From a currency perspective, 2010 proved to be quite volatile and the early indicators are the same for the early part of 2011.
The last 10 days have seen swings of up to five cents against the pound which clearly does not help people budget or make sensible decisions when to transfer their funds.
With the housing sector recording losses, the service sector not performing as expected and a downturn in the construction sector, there’s a lot to worry about.
At least the manufacturing sector recorded an increase, so not everything is bad.
In the eurozone we heard plenty of rumours about Spain, Portugal and Belgium, but the rot has not set in and Spain, Portugal and Italy all had successful bond auctions.
Spain also seems to be seeing a bit of movement in the property sector. A recent survey in the UK indicated that many Brits are seeking hotter climes and better living conditions following the recent bad weather and current economic woes.
Some 24 per cent cited the weather as the reason for wanting to move abroad, while a massive 52 per cent said that a lifestyle change would tempt them to migrate.
In Spain we are very lucky that we have both the weather and, generally speaking, a better way of life.
For the Spanish property market to shift we need more Brits thinking about UK austerity cuts, tax increases and of course, the recent cold winter to consider a move abroad.
One of Spain’s key issues will be the ability to manage the employment situation.
Nearly 20 per cent of those surveyed said they would need to change their profession when moving overseas and 14 per cent said they would only move when they retire.
I can also see Spain benefitting from the recent turmoil in North African countries such as Tunisia and therefore we should see a better holiday season in 2011 which will hopefully start to correct some of the economic issues.
So what and when is the best time to consider moving your funds?
You need to talk to a foreign exchange specialist to help maximise your transfer needs.
Contact Moneycorp on 951 319 700 or email email@example.com – Make sure you mention the ‘Olive Press’ for a special rate when calling us.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46