YOU might be mistaken for thinking that John Lennon has come back to life.
But it is actually his look-a-like Alan James who was taking the inaugural easyjet flight from Liverpool to Gibraltar.
Joined by Veninia Johnson as Yoko Ono the pair were enjoying the first of a three times-a-week service that now links the home of the Beatles with the Rock.
The two places have long been united since the Beatles singer married his sweetheart in the enclave on March 20, 1969.
The pair said ‘I do’, in total secrecy, before famously spending a whole week in bed on honeymoon in Canada.
In keeping with the celebrated coupling, the low cost airline is offering free return flights to five couples who were married on the same date as the famous pair.
The first five couples to send in proof they tied the knot on March 20 – of any year – will receive complimentary return flights to Liverpool’s John Lennon Airport.
Ali Gayward, easyJet’s UK commercial manager, said: “This is a great opportunity for people in Gibraltar to take advantage of our brand new route to Liverpool and enjoy all that the city and the North West of England has to offer.”
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02