A PAIR of benefit cheats who splashed 160,000 euros of taxpayers money on funding a lavish lifestyle that included holidays in Marbella have been jailed.
Peter Campbell, 34, and Suzie Dwyer, 36, conned authorities for more than a decade through housing hand-outs.
The scam began in 1999 when Dwyer and the couple’s baby moved into Campbell’s Merseyside home.
Despite living as a couple, Dwyer continued to receive benefits by claiming she was a single mother.
Campbell, who earned 80,000 euros a year running an electronics business, also claimed to be Dwyer’s landlord, allowing him to pocket housing benefit payments.
The couple were eventually caught after being placed under surveillance, before being sentenced to 16 months each.
Know a benefit fraudster? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46