- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Dating agency Ashley Madison facing Spanish lawsuit
• COURTING CONTROVERSY: Ashley Madison advert in Madrid
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
By Wendy Williams
A DATING agency which encourages married people to have affairs has come under attack for using a picture of the Spanish king and Prince Charles in its advert.
Ashley Madison – which helps you to be unfaithful for just 49 euros – was also forced to take a big advertising hoarding down from Madrid’s main street Gran Via.
It comes after it emerged that the controversial advert did not have permission from King Juan Carlos to use his image.
The poster showed him alongside two other ‘unfaithful’ men Prince Charles and former US President Bill Clinton with the caption: ‘What do these ‘royals’ have in common? –They should have used Ashley Madison.’
“We were just referring to the rumours that exist [about the king],” said a spokesman for the company that has just launched in Spain.
The company could now be facing a huge lawsuit… because while Clinton famously had ‘sexual relations’ with Monica Lewinsky and Charles was unfaithful to Princess Diana, rumours about Juan Carlos’ infidelity have never been confirmed.
The Palace has so far declined to comment on the poster.
It comes just a week after the company showed their first television advert in Spain with the message, ‘Life is short. Have an adventure’.
The company says it already has 47,831 members in Spain and hopes to reach 250,000 members by the end of the year.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]