A ROW is brewing between Gibraltar and La Linea over the Rock’s controversial land reclamation programme.
The opposition PP party is calling on new PSOE mayor Gemma Araujo to confront Peter Caruana over the loss of sand on some of its beaches.
The PP insists damage to a string of beaches is a result of the Rock’s attempt to reclaim 7,500 square metres of land from the sea.
Curiously however, local ecologists are actually blaming the Spanish coastal authority for dredging at La Atunara port.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02