PRESSURE groups have united behind the IU party to oppose a ‘crazy’ scheme which will see 22 houses and a hotel built on Ronda’s famous Tajo gorge.
Ecologistas en Accion and the Plataforma en Defensa del Tajo are demanding a halt to the project, which has just been passed by the new PP mayor.
The scheme at the Casa Rua site has been opposed since it was first proposed in 1980.
Opponents say the development will have a ‘major visual impact’ on the famous landscape.
“This is a crazy scheme that will spoil one of the area’s most photographed views,” said a spokesman for the green groups.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46