- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
British Consul backs the Olive Press’ Andalucian Expat 100 campaign
• SUPPORT: British Consul Steve Jones believes expats play a vital role in Andalucia
The British Consul in Malaga, Steve Jones, is backing the Olive Press’ campaign to establish a list of the 100 most influential expats of the last 200 years.
We have been inundated with your suggestions – ranging from those who have brought Andalucia to the attention of the world, to the unsung heroes who work tirelessly for their communities.
Now Jones has highlighted just what it means to be an expat in Andalucia and the impact they have had on their adopted homeland.
“Expats have brought a huge amount of benefits to the region, not just spending their money but also through the number of British businesses that have created jobs down here,” Jones told the Olive Press.
“The Andalucians have been so accepting of us bringing our lifestyle over here, and in return the region has benefited from the work of Andalucian-based British charities.”
The Consul also acknowledged the importance of the Olive Press‘ bid to recognise those expats who have made a telling contribution to the region.
“It’s important to celebrate the success of expats in Andalucia. People like Joan Hunt OBE who is a real inspiration to me.”
“This is a public vote which will see expats voting for their fellow expats and is the perfect opportunity to recognise their endeavours.”
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others