- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Spanish doctor drowns trying to save son
• Angel Manuel Milla died in the sea off Zahara de los Atunes
A DOCTOR has drowned in a desperate bid to rescue his son.
Angel Manuel Milla, 40, a GP, from Sevilla, died off Zahara de los Atunes, as he tried to save the six-year-old being swept out to sea.
The father-of-three had jumped into the water to save the child but had got into difficulty due to strong waves and undercurrent.
The boy was eventually rescued without serious injury but nothing could be done for Milla who was pronounced dead at the scene by the emergency services.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others