THEY may look good on the pitch but Barcelona’s new kit is getting the players a little hot under the collar.
The Spanish football stars have complained to Nike that the shirts are soaking up so much sweat that they actually double in weight by half time.
To prove their point the players have even taken to weighing their shirts on the scales when the whistle blows after 45 minutes.
Ironically, Nike’s website boasts that the official Barcelona shirt is ‘a game-ready performer with sweat-wicking fabric for distraction-free competition’.
But this description does not seem to fit the shirts worn by the club’s stars.
Nike is now ‘working to address concerns’.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46