GIBRALTAR’S army base is the latest to come under fire from anti-military campaigners.
The Andalucian campaign group Plataforma Andaluza Contra las Bases has organised a protest against the base on November 13.
The group – made up of over 20 non-governmental organisations including Ecologistas en Accion – is opposed to the military presence in southern Spain.
It argues the money put aside for the military would be better spent on hospitals and schools.
Already 100 people gathered at the American military base at Moron de la Frontera last Sunday.
It is the 26th protest against the base. Another march has been scheduled at Rota air and naval station on November 6.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46