AFTER a year out of the limelight, DJ Maurice Boland is finally bouncing back with the launch of a new radio station.
The former TRE presenter – who was sacked from his previous job last September after an indiscretion – has put together a slick team for his new business iTALK FM.
At a launch for the Estepona-based radio station he told over 100 guests he was ‘delighted’ to be back.
The guests at the champagne bash at five star Kempinski Hotel included Boland’s wife Wendy, the Mayor of Estepona and a series of key Costa del Sol business figures including Kristina Szekely, Nigel Goldman and Phil Langley.
Later Boland told the Olive Press: “It’s been a stressful year, but it is great to finally get this place up and running.”
Named as one of the most influential foreigners on the coast in our Expat 100 poll, earlier this year, he added: “I have got a great team around me and couldn’t ask for more.”
His new team includes Djs Stephen Ritson, Jon Gaunt and the breakfast show pairing of Mat Court and Jack Jackson.
Based out of the Kempinski hotel, iTALK FM will initially broadcast between Gibraltar and Malaga on 88.5FM.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46