A BRITISH woman was left dangling naked from a Spanish hotel balcony after falling over a handrail during sex with her husband.
The 49-year-old – who sustained a broken ankle – was only prevented from suffering more serious injuries after trapping her leg between two bars as she fell, while on holiday in the Canary Islands.
Her husband contacted the emergency services, who freed the red-faced holidaymaker from the railings and took her to hospital.
A police spokesman said: “Her good luck was that getting her leg caught stopped her from falling. Her bad luck was that she broke her ankle, was naked and couldn’t get free.
“It isn’t a police matter so she isn’t on any charges but we warned her and her husband to think about safe sex in the future.
“Had her leg not been trapped between the banisters, the consequences could have been much more serious.”
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10