- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
‘No solid science’ behind quick-fix celeb diet
December 9, 2011 at
10:47 am • LAST EDITED:
March 20, 2012 at
Health • 1 Comments
• Actress Jennifer Lopez is said to be a fan of the Dukan Diet
THINKING of trying to lose a few pounds after Christmas?
Well, you’d better think twice about going on the Dukan Diet, followed by actresses Jennifer Lopez and Penelope Cruz.
Experts say the diet, which starts with ten days of pure protein, has ‘absolutely no solid science behind it’.
While French nutritionist Pierre Dukan claims it is safe and effective, the British Dietic Association insists the diet causes loss of energy, constipation and bad breath – as well as potentially leading to problems like osteoporosis and kidney damage.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others