EXCLUSIVE by James Bryce
A KEY suspect in the murder of Stephen Lawrence may have fled to Spain following the conviction of fellow gang members last week.
Jamie Acourt, 35, a prime suspect in the racially-motivated killing of the black teenager in 1993, is known to regularly visit Spain.
Last week there was no sign of him at his home in Kent and according to a UK source, Acourt ‘spends months on end in Spain, although nobody really knows where or what he does’.
The thug, who has various previous convictions, has apparently considered moving to Spain with his girlfriend Terri Dean, who owns a children’s clothing company.
“He has been looking at a few options, as his girlfriend has clothing connections there,” the source told the Olive Press.
“This increased after the recent case and him being snooped on again by the police.”
Despite Gary Dobson and David Norris being found guilty of murder, the judge in the case has ordered police to continue their pursuit of up to four other gang members, including Acourt’s brother Neil and Luke Knight.
The Metropolitan Police’s Acting Deputy Commissioner Cressida Dick said: “We don’t see this as the end of the road.”
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0034691831399
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46